The University of Copenhagen is welcoming students to apply for International PhD Positionsin Linguistics for the academic session 2023/202
The purpose of the funding award is to encourage and support ambitious domestic and international students who want to study PhD degree at the university in Denmark.
The University of Copenhagen is one of the top research universities in Europe. The university is motivated by critical thinking and intellectual creativity, which enables its students to conduct study on a variety of topics. Students will be able to work with a team that supports diversity and views gender equality as a strength, as well as conducting their own independent research while being closely supervised.
Application Deadline: The last date to enter the particular scholarship is 22 September 2022. Any entries submitted later this date would be rejected.
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in the Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity programme, applicants must have a two-year Master‡s degree* (120 ECTS), or equivalent, in Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Psychology or Greenlandic Studies – or in another field. It is required that the candidate presents documentation for strong qualifications in one or more of the named fields.
- Applicants must possess skills in written and spoken academic English at a high level. If deemed necessary, the department may request that applicants document their English or other language skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the fellowship, all interested candidates are required to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Copenhagen. After getting enrolled, applicants must complete and submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the following supporting documents:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- Curriculum vitae including information about your education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- A copy of their Master‡s degree diploma or similar (if this is not available by the application deadline, applicants must document pre-approval of their Master‡s thesis)
- A copy of their Master‡s degree transcript
- A copy of their Bachelor‡s degree diploma
- A copy of their Bachelor‡s degree transcript.
- The applicant may upload up to two academic personal references.
- Recommendations, publications, theses, etc. cannot be uploaded.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants will be selected on the basis of previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The University of Copenhagen will offer a monthly salary to successful candidates for the academic session 2023/2024.