Would you like to study at the University of Twente? They are now accepting applications for International PhD Positions in Sustainable Lifespan Extension of Inner-City Bridges and Quay Walls for 2020-2021.
This student position is available for the most talented overseas applicants commencing in PhD degree coursework at the university in the Netherlands.
The University of Twente has a prestigious history that we’re still building on. Dedicated to practical, relevant study and research, our staff strive for excellence in education at all levels and proudly rank among the best institutions in Europe. If you want the highest-quality degree from a well-respected institution, come to us.
Application Deadline: Please submit your application before September 30, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,541 – € 3,247
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in the Sustainable Lifespan Extension of Inner-City Bridges and Quay Walls.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have obtained a master‡s degree in civil or environmental engineering and management or another relevant interdisciplinary specialization.
- You have proven experience in one or more of the following areas: life cycle analysis, life cycle costing, and cultural heritage valuation.
- Programming skills are desirable (e.g., MATLAB, Python).
- You are proficient in spoken and written English. A good command of Dutch is an asset.
- You have the ability to work independently.
- You look forward to collaborating with researchers from different academic fields and practitioners from municipalities, contractors, and engineering firms.
- You have a passion for understanding and maintaining historical civil structures.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must have to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Twente. After that, applicants must complete the online application form for this position.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter of 1 page A4, explaining specific interests, the motivation for the application, and why you qualify for this project.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts from your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees including grades.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in spoken and written English.
The University of Twente will provide the following benefits:
- The university offers a four-year full-time PhD position.
- They provide a stimulating, modern research environment.
- You will be part of a dedicated team and you will collaborate extensively with the industry.
- A starting salary of € 2.541,- gross per month in the first year and increasing to € 3.247 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- The university provides excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth.
- During this cross-disciplinary project, you will acquire unique expertise and outstanding skills through close contact with academic collaborators.
i.m from afg help me