The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University is a competitive graduate fellowship that provides benefits and opportunities for energetic students. If you’re interested in energy and want to build a career in this field, this program may be right for you.
Seeking student leaders who are well-informed and fluent in energy and climate policy issues? This fellowship program is for you! The applicants have to be full-time graduate students at Columbia University to be considered for the fellowship. Selected candidates will experience in-depth discussions about important, timely, and exciting topics related to energy policy with scholars and an exciting summer internship.
When it was established as King’s College on the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan, Columbia University was a private institution. Today, it is one of the top universities in America and is consistently ranked among the top six in the country.
“Why choose the Columbia University? The university is one of the world’s most important centers of research and a distinctive, inviting learning environment at the same time. It seeks to attract a diverse students and faculty, support research and teach globally-focused topics, and foster international relationships with other countries.”
Application Deadline: The application will be made available from 21st October 2022 to 20th November 2022 is the last date for applications.
- University or Organization: Columbia University
- Department: Center on Global Energy Policy
- Course Level: Graduate or PhD
- Award: Program fee and Internship
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries including the USA can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate or PhD degree programs offered at Columbia University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled as full-time graduate students (including PhD) at Columbia University for the duration of the program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Online admission applications must be submitted. To participate in the fellowship program, interested candidates must apply on the CGEP‡s website on 21st October 2022.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Personal statement
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Publications (optional)
- An interview may be requested
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
The winning candidates will be allowed to join Jason Bordoff, CGEP founding director and co-founding dean of the Columbia Climate School, and other CGEP scholars for in-depth discussions of important and timely energy-related topics and be awarded full funding for a summer internship of their choice in the energy and climate field. They will also be provided job search assistance, including access to its extensive network, to match students with the ideal internship.