The Federation University Australia offers the Deadly Accommodation Scholarship to students who are getting undergraduate, graduate-level, and postgraduate courses in all subjects.
The applicant must be a citizen of Australia and must have enrolled in an eligible postgraduate course at Federation University. The mode of access is online and there isn’t any restriction on nationality for the graduate course.
- Organization: Federation University
- Department: NA
- Award Amount: $3,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- Subjects: All subjects
- Eligible Courses: Undergraduate, Honours, or Post-Graduate Course
- Eligibility: Students can apply for a Bachelor’s and Master‡s Degree offered by the Federation University.
The Deadly Relocation / Accommodation Costs Scholarship (ICACS) is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples who need to relocate from regional and remote areas and are starting university studies. The scholarship provides funding for relocation and accommodation costs, which can be a significant barrier to enrolling in university. By removing these costs, ICACS enables more Indigenous people to have the opportunity to enrol in university and develop their skills.
- Domestic student
- Be an Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person.
- Provide evidence of low socio-economic status or financial hardship(documents such as Centrelink statements, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate, Honours or Post-graduate course at? Federation University
- Provide either a Confirmation of Aboriginality or a statutory declaration.
- Travel for study would be more than 90 minutes.
How to Apply
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be active and enrolled post-census date. You must consider this in your application if payment is required before the census due to financial hardship. However, if you withdraw from your studies, you may be requested to repay all or part of the scholarship. Students who defer their offer or take a leave of absence will forfeit their award.
- The student will receive $3,500 in the first year after the first census date and $2,500 each semester after.
- The grant is available for up to 8 payments.