The University of Technology Sydney is offering scholarships for students who are studying the International Baccalaureate Programme. The bursaries are worth 50% of tuition and are open to Australian or New Zealand citizens only. Students must have an offer of admission to an undergraduate degree at the University of Technology Sydney and they need to be eligible for the IB programme.
- Organization: University of Technology Sydney
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Undergraduate degree
- Award Amount: 50% tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligibility: Students can apply for an undergraduate degree offered at the University of Technology Sydney.
- The award can be taken in Australia
The International Baccalaureate Scholarship was created to offer international students the opportunity to study at UTS in Sydney. For more information and an application, stop by our website today!
To be eligible to apply for the opportunity , an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Commence full-time studies on campus (Sydney). On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.; and
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must obtain an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB) final grades, or 33 or above in their International Baccalaureate predicted grades at the point the scholarship decision is made; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible; andust not:
- be studying a UTS online degree or distance mode degree; or
- be a government-sponsored student; or
- be a recipient of another UTS funding for the duration of this Scholarship.
On-campus studies include face-to-face and/or online (remote) learning applicable to all degrees except online degrees and distance mode degrees.
How to Apply
To apply for the Academic Merit Scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A complete application form
- An official transcript of their final International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results or predicted results
- A personal statement detailing their commitment to utilizing their UTS degree to make a positive contribution to their home society/country
- A CV detailing their personal experience and achievement to date, including but not limited to examples of community service, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
Applications will be assessed by a Scholarship Selection Committee and successful applicants will be notified in writing. The studentships are awarded for the duration of the applicant‡s degree at UTS, subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress.